First of all, THANK YOU so much for being a part of this extraordinary and unconventional TASM summer. It was such a joy and privilege to create our camp shows together with you this year! It was wonderful to hear singing, laughing, and playing on campus again, and to have the opportunity to do theatre together. Each of the three shows brought something so special to the summer – Twelfth Night was ridiculously delightful with all its wild west dueling, disguises, and professions of love; Alice in Wonderland was a magical vision out under the willow tree with so much color and fun, and the cast of Julius Caesar performed their hearts out with truly impressive power, despite having a mostly vacant theatre in front of them. I am amazed and touched by all!
A few thoughts as we move forward into the next phase of our summer (and fall):
- Covid-19: We truly appreciate ALL of the families’ trust and willingness to abide by the new guidelines, as we worked to ensure that camp was run as safely as possible. In continuing with this theme, we ask that if (in the rare chance) someone in your family is diagnosed with Covid-19 in the 2 weeks following camp (ending on August 15th), you please contact me as soon as possible. Contact tracing is our best defense in slowing down this disease.
- Here are the VIDEOS!!! You can check out all three of our shows on vimeo:
- I’ve posted them all here so you can have whatever viewing celebration you choose, on your own schedule. From my discussions with campers, this seemed a better choice than a specifically scheduled streaming event.
- I will also be combing through the thousands of show photos to post a bunch on the TASM Instagram (@tasmcamp) as well as here on the TASM photos page – so enjoy!
- If you have any questions, thoughts or updates to share about camp, please feel free to reach out. I miss TASM already and would love to hear from you!
Again, thank you so much for joining us this summer. This pandemic has taught me that human connection is a rare and valuable thing, and the ability to make some theatre together in collaboration with a bunch of creative, caring and slightly crazy people is more special than ever. I treasure it, and each of you.
All my best,