St. Michael’s Country Day School is a secular, independent Preschool (age 3) to 8th grade day school in Newport, RI. St. Michael’s Country Day School provides a dynamic curriculum that is built on excellence and inspires students to:
Learn with confidence • Lead with character • Achieve lasting success
New opening for school year 2022/23
Associate Teacher – Early Childhood – 2022-23 school year
St. Michael’s Country Day School is an independent day school in Newport, RI serving students from Toddler through Grade Eight. The school has an immediate opening for an Associate Teacher in our Early Childhood. Experience working with children aged 2 – 4 is desirable.
- Candidates must have a passion for working with, and an understanding of, the social, emotional, and intellectual development of children in early childhood.
- The ability to work collaboratively with the lead teacher to implement curriculum, and differentiate instruction to meet the needs of a wide range of students.
- Exhibit kindness, respect and compassion in all interactions with students, parents and colleagues
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skill are essential to the role, as is a willingness to participate fully in the community beyond the classroom.
- Have a commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion.
- A bachelor’s degree and two years of successful teaching experience with this age group is preferred.
St. Michael’s values and supports reflective teaching practices, on-going professional development, and teachers who see themselves as lifelong learners.
St. Michael’s is an equal opportunity employer and as such does not discriminate against an individual in regard to race, color, religion, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, sexual orientation, and gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected under federal, state, or local anti-discrimination laws.
For consideration, please forward resume and cover letter here.
Openings for school year 2022/23
In anticipation of increased enrollment, the school is currently seeking candidates for the following positions for the 2022-23 school year. If interested, please submit a cover letter and resume here.
Substitute Teachers (All Grades)
Extended School Day Aide (All grades)
3-5 PM with a flexible schedule
St. Michael’s Country Day School has an institutional commitment to the principles of diversity. In that spirit, the School believes that each individual is entitled to equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, sexual orientation, and gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected under federal, state, or local anti-discrimination laws.