- 8th Grade Bridges Combine Destruction with Instruction
March 11, 2015Students in the eighth grade at SMCDS brought some destruction to their instruction this week. As part of a unit of study about physics, forces, and structural design, the students were tasked to build bridges out of popsicle sticks. Each Read More...
- Alice in Wonderland performances this weekend!
March 2, 2015The St. Michael's Theatre Ensemble presents Alice in Wonderland, on Thursday March 5th and Friday March 6th at 7:00, and Saturday March 7th at 2:00. Admission is free and open to all. Come step through the looking glass with us - we Read More...
- SMCDS Artists Light Up the Winter Nights
February 23, 2015Each year artists from around the Newport area convene on Ballard Park. The annual art exhibition features illuminated artwork from artists young and old around the community. This year's SMDCS submission was titled "Earth, Sea, and Sky Window." It is Read More...
- Lower School Cross-Grade Snow Sculptures
January 29, 2015Mother Nature provided us with more than enough raw material for joyful snow sculpting during lower school morning recess. Students in preschool - grade 4 collaborated and built snow castles, birthday cakes, a snow chair, mountains, race cars, a cat, Read More...
- Classes Resume on March 30, 2015
- Parent Informational Meetings on April 1, 2015 8:15 am
- Tuesday Tours for Admissions on April 7, 2015 9:00 am
- All School Assembly on April 7, 2015 9:35 am
- High School Admissions Night for Parents of 6th and 7th Graders on April 8, 2015 8:15 am
- Parents Association Meeting on April 15, 2015 8:15 am
- 4th Grade African Theater Presentations on April 16, 2015 8:15 am
- Parent/Teacher Conferences – No School on April 17, 2015
- Preschool Admissions Event: Student Visit / Playdate on April 18, 2015 9:00 am
- Independent Secondary School Fair for Current 6th and 7th Grade Parents on April 21, 2015 6:30 pm
- Earth Day on April 22, 2015
- Open House on April 26, 2015 1:00 pm
- 3rd Grade Chinese Theatrical Performances on April 28, 2015 8:15 am
- First Day that Shorts Can Be Worn on May 1, 2015
- Early Dismissal for Professional Development on May 1, 2015 11:30 am
- Annual Fund Day on May 2, 2015
- Teacher Appreciation Week on May 4, 2015
- Tuesday Tours for Admissions on May 5, 2015 9:00 am
- All School Assembly on May 5, 2015 9:35 am
- Parent Informational Meetings on May 6, 2015 8:15 am
- Board Meeting on May 7, 2015 5:30 pm
- Band Concert on May 13, 2015
- Arts Fest on May 15, 2015 6:00 pm
- St. Michael’s Day on May 22, 2015
- Memorial Day – No School on May 25, 2015
We look forward to welcoming you to St. Michael’s and hope you will take the time to come visit our school. We accept children from Preschool (3 year olds) through Grade 8. Offering an eleven-year curriculum, St. Michael’s is organized into two divisions: Lower School (Preschool-3 year olds through Grade 4) and Middle School (Grade 5 through Grade 8).
From crayons to computers, singing to composing, acting to set-building, all of our students take part in the arts at St. Michael’s. Each program that we offer is highlighted below; however, the best way to see our students’ talents is through our annual ArtsFest in May, our school performances, and by simply walking the halls of our buildings.
At St. Michael’s, we see technology as an integral part of our students’ learning process. We accomplish this through an advanced and cutting edge technology infrastructure featuring SMARTboards, trending software packages, laptops, computer labs and a 1 to 1 iPad program.
Give to St. Michael's TodayYour gift helps to keep this remarkable school healthy and strong and is tax-deductible.
Please view our Corporate Matching Gift page and utilize the link to find out if your
Annual Fund gift can be matched by your employer.