- May 30 Spring Party and Auction: Get Your Tickets Here!
May 19, 2015 Welcome to the 2015 SMCDS Spring Party and Auction! On Saturday, May 30 from 7:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m. the SMCDS community will come together for a lovely evening of food, wine, and togetherness in support of our wonderful community. Read More...
- Rhode Island Senate and House Consider Bill proposed by SMDCS 3rd Grade
May 5, 2015Efforts on behalf of our 3rd grade to name the American Burying Beetle the Rhode Island state bug got a big lift last week when three television stations and a radio station gave significant coverage to their legislative efforts. Click Read More...
- Independent High School Fair April 21 6:30-8:00 p.m.
March 30, 2015Have you every wondered about the range of schools available to your child for high school? Come learn more about local independent schools at our High School fair. Over two-dozen schools will be represented including schools from Aquidneck Island, South Read More...
- 8th Grade Bridges Combine Destruction with Instruction
March 11, 2015Students in the eighth grade at SMCDS brought some destruction to their instruction this week. As part of a unit of study about physics, forces, and structural design, the students were tasked to build bridges out of popsicle sticks. Each Read More...
- 1st and 2nd Grade Theatrical Presentations on May 28, 2015 8:15 am
- 8th Grade Exams on June 1, 2015
- 7th Grade Exams on June 2, 2015
- Tuesday Tours for Admissions on June 2, 2015 9:00 am
- All School Assembly on June 2, 2015 9:35 am
- Early Childhood Year End Ceremony on June 8, 2015 9:30 am
- Early Childhood Picnic on June 8, 2015 11:00 am
- Last Day of School: Special Schedule on June 9, 2015 8:45 am
- 8th Grade Brunch on June 9, 2015 12:30 pm
- Class of 2015 Commencement on June 10, 2015 10:00 am
- Board Meeting on June 18, 2015 5:30 pm
- Labor Day (No School) on September 7, 2015
- Welcome Back to School Day on September 8, 2015 9:00 am
- First Day of Classes for the 2015-2016 School Year on September 9, 2015 8:00 am
- Grandparents and Special Friends Day on October 9, 2015 8:45 am
- Columbus Day (No School) on October 12, 2015
- Autumn Parent/Teacher Conferences (No School for Students) on November 6, 2015
- Veteran’s Day (No School) on November 11, 2015
- Thanksgiving Recess (No School) on November 25, 2015
- Winter Break (No School) on December 19, 2015
- School Re-Opens on January 4, 2016
- Martin Luther King, Jr. Day (No School) on January 18, 2016
- Noon Dismissal for Faculty Professional Development on February 3, 2016 12:00 pm
- Presidents’ Day Weekend (No School) on February 12, 2016
- Spring Break (No School) on March 12, 2016
We look forward to welcoming you to St. Michael’s and hope you will take the time to come visit our school. We accept children from Preschool (3 year olds) through Grade 8. Offering an eleven-year curriculum, St. Michael’s is organized into two divisions: Lower School (Preschool-3 year olds through Grade 4) and Middle School (Grade 5 through Grade 8).
From crayons to computers, singing to composing, acting to set-building, all of our students take part in the arts at St. Michael’s. Each program that we offer is highlighted below; however, the best way to see our students’ talents is through our annual ArtsFest in May, our school performances, and by simply walking the halls of our buildings.
At St. Michael’s, we see technology as an integral part of our students’ learning process. We accomplish this through an advanced and cutting edge technology infrastructure featuring SMARTboards, trending software packages, laptops, computer labs and a 1 to 1 iPad program.
Give to St. Michael's TodayYour gift helps to keep this remarkable school healthy and strong and is tax-deductible.
Please view our Corporate Matching Gift page and utilize the link to find out if your
Annual Fund gift can be matched by your employer.