- Independent High School Fair April 21 6:30-8:00 p.m.
March 30, 2015Have you every wondered about the range of schools available to your child for high school? Come learn more about local independent schools at our High School fair. Over two-dozen schools will be represented including schools from Aquidneck Island, South Read More...
- 8th Grade Bridges Combine Destruction with Instruction
March 11, 2015Students in the eighth grade at SMCDS brought some destruction to their instruction this week. As part of a unit of study about physics, forces, and structural design, the students were tasked to build bridges out of popsicle sticks. Each Read More...
- Alice in Wonderland performances this weekend!
March 2, 2015The St. Michael's Theatre Ensemble presents Alice in Wonderland, on Thursday March 5th and Friday March 6th at 7:00, and Saturday March 7th at 2:00. Admission is free and open to all. Come step through the looking glass with us - we Read More...
- SMCDS Artists Light Up the Winter Nights
February 23, 2015Each year artists from around the Newport area convene on Ballard Park. The annual art exhibition features illuminated artwork from artists young and old around the community. This year's SMDCS submission was titled "Earth, Sea, and Sky Window." It is Read More...
- Independent Secondary School Fair for Current 6th and 7th Grade Parents on April 21, 2015 6:30 pm
- Earth Day on April 22, 2015
- Open House on April 26, 2015 1:00 pm
- 3rd Grade Chinese Theatrical Performances on April 28, 2015 8:15 am
- First Day that Shorts Can Be Worn on May 1, 2015
- Early Dismissal for Professional Development on May 1, 2015 11:30 am
- Annual Fund Day on May 2, 2015
- Teacher Appreciation Week on May 4, 2015
- Tuesday Tours for Admissions on May 5, 2015 9:00 am
- All School Assembly on May 5, 2015 9:35 am
- Parent Informational Meetings on May 6, 2015 8:15 am
- Board Meeting on May 7, 2015 5:30 pm
- Band Concert on May 13, 2015
- Arts Fest on May 15, 2015 6:00 pm
- St. Michael’s Day on May 22, 2015
- Memorial Day – No School on May 25, 2015
- Parents Association Meeting on May 27, 2015 8:15 am
- 1st and 2nd Grade Theatrical Presentations on May 28, 2015 8:15 am
- 8th Grade Exams on June 1, 2015
- 7th Grade Exams on June 2, 2015
- Tuesday Tours for Admissions on June 2, 2015 9:00 am
- All School Assembly on June 2, 2015 9:35 am
- Early Childhood Year End Ceremony on June 8, 2015 9:30 am
- Early Childhood Picnic on June 8, 2015 11:00 am
- Last Day of School: Special Schedule on June 9, 2015 8:45 am
We look forward to welcoming you to St. Michael’s and hope you will take the time to come visit our school. We accept children from Preschool (3 year olds) through Grade 8. Offering an eleven-year curriculum, St. Michael’s is organized into two divisions: Lower School (Preschool-3 year olds through Grade 4) and Middle School (Grade 5 through Grade 8).
From crayons to computers, singing to composing, acting to set-building, all of our students take part in the arts at St. Michael’s. Each program that we offer is highlighted below; however, the best way to see our students’ talents is through our annual ArtsFest in May, our school performances, and by simply walking the halls of our buildings.
At St. Michael’s, we see technology as an integral part of our students’ learning process. We accomplish this through an advanced and cutting edge technology infrastructure featuring SMARTboards, trending software packages, laptops, computer labs and a 1 to 1 iPad program.
Give to St. Michael's TodayYour gift helps to keep this remarkable school healthy and strong and is tax-deductible.
Please view our Corporate Matching Gift page and utilize the link to find out if your
Annual Fund gift can be matched by your employer.