Hi there –
We’re less than 4 weeks from the beginning of TASM 2020, and I’m really excited that it’s getting close! In the midst of all that is going on these days, I am so looking forward to the opportunity to do some awesome theatre with your kids. I don’t know about you, but I find that having a creative outlet to look forward to is a saving grace! 🙂
Given all the adjustments that we’re making because of the pandemic this year, I wanted to reach out about a few things. Please read all the way through – and thank you for your time!
Paperwork & Payment
- In order to minimize the wait time and need for interactions on the first day of camp, I ask that you submit your full payment and ALL your forms ahead of time, please.
- I would appreciate having everything submitted by July 1. Thank you.
- If you still have a balance, you will find your invoice attached to this email. Please go to the TASM Payment page to pay in full, or mail a check to TASM (180 Rhode Island Ave, Newport, RI 02840).
- All medical and release forms need to be submitted by July 1. These include the TASM medical info form and TASM release form (extras attached here), as well as a copy of your camper’s physical exam & immunization records.
- We are a NUT FREE Campus.
- ALL EPI-pens and inhalers should be labeled and left with the camp director during the Monday morning check-in and will be returned on Friday afternoon.
- PRIOR to camp admission, Emergency Medical Plans from your doctor are required for campers requiring EPI-pens and inhalers. If you need a blank form, just let us know.
- If your child has allergies and may be demonstrating symptoms that might appear to be COVID related, please bring a doctor’s note or email ahead of time to avoid any confusion that may prevent your camper from entering camp.
- Each day before camp, you will need to fill out a quick online form attesting to your camper’s lack of symptoms. For a look at the questions to be included, click HERE.
- Quarantine Requirement for Travelers: Campers traveling from a location that is currently under a stay at home order are required to quarantine for 14 days BEFORE being allowed to enter camp.
- In addition, it seems likely that Governor Raimondo will soon order quarantine for travellers from areas with high infection rates.
- If you are coming to Newport from an area that requires quarantine, please plan accordingly, or let me know that you may have to change your camp plans.
- Please help keep everyone safe by practicing responsible social distancing in the time leading up to (as well as during) camp!
Other Camp Info
- As we get closer, I will also send you more information about the camp day itself. I am still working through the option to order à la carte lunches from Aquidneck Pizza. All lunches will need to be ordered before July 20, and will be individually pre-packaged for each camper. I will send out more info as soon as I have it finalized.
- Given our restrictions on schedule this summer, we will be having campers pre-audition for their roles, so that we can jump right into rehearsals on day one. I will be sending scripts (and music, for those in Alice) to you 2 weeks before camp, and directions of how to choose a scene and submit a video audition the week before to camp.
- Since we can’t invite an audience onto campus, performances this year will be videotaped and streamed, rather than performed in front of a live audience.
- We plan to have performances recorded on the final day of camp, Friday July 31. Given that all performance recordings will be outdoors, please reserve Saturday August 1 as a rain date.
Additional COVID-19 Precaution Details
Click on this link to learn TASM’s enhanced Policies & Procedures for 2020. And of course, if you have any questions at all, please don’t hesitate to ask!
I’m very grateful for your patience and willingness to adhere to these new policies. And I truly can’t wait for the TASM family to gather and get theatrical! It’s going to be so wonderful to see all your smiling faces!!
All my best,