MISSION & PHILOSOPHY
St. Michael’s Country Day School provides a dynamic curriculum that is built on excellence and inspires students to:
Learn with confidence
Lead with character
Achieve lasting success
At St. Michael’s Country Day School, we believe that the foundations of human character are formed at a young age and that our ability to inspire these character traits will determine the future success of our students, our community, and our world.
We are a learning community that:
- Embraces the principle that Persistence is at the core of every successful endeavor;
- Encourages our students to be Attentive and to focus on goals and that draw from personal strengths and passions;
- Empowers our students to live a life of Courage by being risk takers, innovators, and leaders who are willing to stand up for what is right;
- Values Flexibility as the foundation for critical thinking, creativity, and problem solving;
- Prepares our students to become Responsible global citizens and confident communicators;
- Instills confidence and the value of critical self-reflection through Organization;
- Broadens our student’s awareness of the world as they Collaborate in a community of inclusion, tolerance, equity, and justice;
- Inspires students to find joy in learning and to approach all challenges with a Positive Attitude.
- Nurtures empathy, compassion, and a lifelong commitment to community service through acts of Generosity.
This mission and philosophy statement is overseen by the Board of Trustees working cooperatively with the school community.